“Many think that talent is the result of luck; Very few understand that luck is usually the result of having talent”
Talent Selection Manager
The selection of managers is the key component of our business model. The manager we select will represent us. Therefore, an internal Due Diligence process is performed from a triple perspective:
- Most talented managers tend to leave large firms to establish themselves and offer their investment capacity beyond the marketing strategy of global managers.
- Alignment of interests: These managers usually invest a substantial part of their assets in the funds they manage.
- Specialists in an asset class: The vast majority have garnered lots of experience in a specific asset class or strategy.
- Rigorous: the investment process must be clearly defined and adapted to the investment objectives of the strategy.
- Consistent: the manager must be proven to be true to the defined process even when the market does not favour their investment style.
- Transparent: it must be easy to explain and accessible to customers. We do not want “black boxes”.
- Actual historical returns and not “pro forma”.
- Clear generation of Alpha versus indices.
- Consistent: We seek stability in this generation of Alpha based on an analysis of “rolling” periods.